Life Always Changes. Let An Experienced Lawyer Help You With Post-Judgment Family Law Modifications.

Life circumstances within families change — especially as children grow up. Thankfully, the terms of your divorce or custody agreement are never permanent.

I am family law attorney Diana L. Marin. When my clients need to adjust their situation, I offer skillful guidance and support at my firm, Diana Marin Law, LLC, to help modify post-judgment agreements. With more than 20 years of experience as an educator and practicing attorney, I can help you find the right solution.

I assist clients in Morris County, Essex County, Bergen County and Passaic County, New Jersey, with divorce agreement modifications, child custody modifications and more.

Common Reasons For A Family Law Modification

There are many reasons you may need a modification such as:

  • To adjust parenting time to schedule around a new job or another change
  • To prepare to move to a new home
  • To decrease child support payments after suffering a loss of income or major life expense
  • To rescue a child from a dangerous situation
  • To increase child support when caring for a child becomes significantly more costly


Planning To Move Residences?

Some parents with child custody or parenting time arrangements often seek a modification when they plan to move, particularly if it involves a job relocation. Regardless of where your new home will be, you will need to follow a specific process with your lawyer.

With my knowledge of parental relocation in New Jersey, I can partner with you to follow the right procedure. If the other parent pushes back on the request, I am ready to help you take steps to find a resolution.

Pursuing Child Support Modifications

Financially providing for a child can be extremely difficult, even with the best intentions. Losing a job or a serious illness can strain finances. However, parents who fall short of child support payments could face terrible consequences without following the right legal process.

If you realize that your current child support obligation is no longer feasible, together, we can attempt to make adjustments and modifications with the other party.

Consult An Accomplished Family Law Attorney

While some modification requests might involve the court, I am frequently able to resolve these issues with mediation. Contact my family law firm in Montclair through this website or by calling 973-432-2375 for a free 30-minute initial consultation. I offer flexible appointments, including virtual meetings during nontraditional business hours.

Together, we can find a solution and a post-divorce modification that makes sense for you.